ZCC sketch

Frequently Asked Questions

Click a question to see the answer.
Will I have to pay a security deposit?

Depending on the event, a cash deposit may be required as security against damage or failure to leave the hall in a clean and tidy condition.

Will I have to clear up after my event?

By the end of their hire period, hirers are expected to return the hall to the condition it was in when they took over the facility. Part or all of the deposit may be retained if this condition is not met. In extreme cases, an additional payment may be required to make good damage caused.

What time does the Centre close?

The Centre must be vacated by 11:30pm except for Saturdays when closing time is midnight.

What does the kitchen offer?

The kitchen has a range cooker with double oven and a large ceramic hob plus a large larder fridge and a self-filling boiler to supply hot water for drinks.

Hirers must provide their own utensils, cutlery and other tableware.

Can I light candles in the Centre?

The halls are equipped with smoke detectors.

Naked flames are not permitted except for small numbers of candles on a cake subject to due care being taken.

Can I use smoke machines at my event?

The Centre is equipped with sensitive smoke detectors against the risk of fire and these may be activated if artificial smoke is used, so the answer is NO.

Do I have access to a telephone in the Centre?

There is no public telephone in the Centre. Users must ensure that they have a fully-charged mobile phone with them during their event.

What AV facilities are available?

A DVD/CD player, video/data projector, audio mixer and speakers are available in Zebon Hall, which is also equipped with stage lighting. Computers or portable music players can be plugged in at one of four points on the stage and wireless or wired microphones are also available.

A portable PA/CD player is available for use elsewhere in the Centre.

Can I play music in the Centre?

The Centre has the necessary licences for use of recorded music on the premises.

Can I sell alcohol during my event?

The Centre does not have a drinks licence. Anyone wishing to sell alcohol on the premises must hold an appropriate licence or have a Temporary Event Notice.

The prior agreement of the Centre management is required before alcohol may be consumed on the premises.

Can I use the field as well as the Centre?

There is a double fire door from Zebon Hall and a single fire door from Crookham Hall leading onto the playing field.

By prior arrangement, it is possible to hold mixed indoor/outdoor events on the site.